25 February 2011

TWA: What I'm having a hard time with right now.

They said it would happened.  At some point during one's natural hair journey, they would run into a bump in the road.  One will feel discouraged, or just so over it--and I have hit that point.  For me, that hardship is coming in the form of how short my hair is.  I am not having an issue with my hair's texture--in fact I love it, and could never imagine straightening it again.  It is simple to detangle, just run water over it and wala, detangled.  Its thick, soft, fun to touch, and fluffy.  What I can't stand, however, is how short it is.  I am not a fan of short hair!  It was cute and a novelty at first, something different; yet, now I am so over it!  I look like a boy!  I don't have traditionally feminine features, and every stitch of makeup I can put on my face really goes a long ways--however not far enough.   So for now I have turned to wearing wigs, not because I long for silky, straight, European hair, but because I just long for long hair!  Does this make me a traitor to the natural me?  I don't think so.  I naturally don't have short hair.  Natural does not equate to short, it equates to texture for me.  The good of going natural is that I feel so comfortable with myself that rocking a wig does not take away from my confidence (where before you would never have caught me wearing a wig or weave!)  So hip hip hooray! for keeping it natural and real all at the same time; and growing a 'fro so big that I block out the sun! P.S. I actually love my hair in this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment