01 January 2011

The New Year Brings New Changes

Happy New Year! 2011 is upon us and it probably means different things to all of us.  For me it means acceptance and change.  As you can tell from earlier posts, prior to the New Year I made some big changes.  I decided to go natural, then cut off all of my hair, I embraced my inner drag queen Frederique DuBoise, and came to peace with the fact that I am an adult that love video games, comics, and all things geeky.  This was all in the process of accepting the fabulousity that is me.  On that note, I don't have any resolutions--not a single one.  I won't go through that head fuck this year, its kind of like setting yourself up for failure.  

Further changes came on New Year's Eve and that is where the story begins.  My initial plans were to stay @ home, play video games, and ring in the new year with my mom and bro--but I had a friend (Lady M) who wanted to go out.  Since she is in CA by herself, I decided to go out and celebrate with her.  She made me swear not to back out (like I've been doing lately), and I did.  Frederique DuBoise picked out an outfit, hair, and did fabulous makeup--She looked fierce!  I get to Lady M's house, spruce up her outfit (not enough if you ask me, but she looked better), and went to Palare.  Now, Palare is my least favorite club.  The men are not chivalrous, and the music is the same top 40 they play at every Sacramento club--but Lady M really wanted to go to this club, so I obliged because I can have fun at an old folks home as long as I look great and everyone around is having a fun time.


When we arrive around 10:30 p.m. it is packed, but okay.  The night goes on, and while I don't really like the music, everyone is having fun--even Lady M appears to be having fun.  But come 12:33 she taps me on the shoulder and says "let's go."  I mean are you effing kidding me!?  I pretended I had a hearing problem, and no matter how many times she said it, I wasn't hearing her.  I mingled, danced and had a good time since I was out anyways.  


We then left, when the club closed at 1:30 (Sacramento is truly the armpit of CA for many reasons) and went to find my sis.  When we got to the other club, I pointed out that the people were better dressed, and she commented that it looked like a black club (Lady M is Laos.)  I mean are you serious?!  I'm black, hello-goodbye.  And I replied that the only colored I'm concerned with is green.  By this point, I was truly over Lady M.


And If that is not bad enough, she felt the need to confess that she had been fooling around with some twenty year old that she thought I had a thing for (she's done this before.)  I had to remind her that he was 20, and a bit of an ass, and therefore I never really took him for anything but a really good friend.  Later that morning, I sent her an email calling it quits.  I was kind, and told her that we just should not hang out anymore.  All-in-all New Years was a bust, but I did get fabulous pics.  Lady M is in some of them, but out of courtesy, I'll block her face. Enjoy!  Oh yeah, I did wear a wig.  Mr. DuBoise thought it matched the look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment