01 January 2011

Attorney’s are D*cks, Starbuck is Awesome, and a Wig is Okay every now and then…

Right now I’m sitting @ Starbucks waiting to go to an interview @ a bankruptcy firm for an Associate position.  This morning I was feeling pretty bummed/pissed off b/c of an interview I had yesterday @ another Bankruptcy firm.  Riddle me this: the managing attorney had my resume and even conducted a phone interview based on the resume; so why would he call me in to an interview to go point for point over all of the criminal experience that I have had and then say that he was going to keep looking for someone with more experience in the field?!?  And if that’s not bad enough, he asked if I had any writing samples other than criminal ones?!  Excuse me, did he not read my resume?  Did he not see that all of my experience is criminal?  What the F***?  This was just a waste of my time.  I would have respected if he simply (a) did not respond to my inquiry at all, or (b) sent a polite email that they were looking for someone with more experience.  Instead, I got dragged away from sending out more resumes and my ego got knocked down all just so he could see what a Berkeley Law Grad looked like?  Why is the legal field full of so many d***s?  The world may never know.
On another note, for my job interviews, instead of rocking my TWA, I have been donning my sisters “go to wig.” She has this theory that people in Sacramento are not prepared for natural women.  We shall see.  Me personally, I could care less.  I love my TWA, and I love changing my style every now and then with a wig/weave (as long as its not too often!) As for the job thing, we shall see.  I will def. post if I get any offers.  For now wish me luck on the job I have today!

No comments:

Post a Comment