29 September 2012

In a Reading Rut with Maia by Richard Adams

Currently I have been reading Maia by Richard Adams.  I had started reading this book a very long time ago (high school??) but never got to finish it because it ripped in two and I lost the half containing the ending.  I recently found it for sale at the public library and pounced on the chance to own and finish this massive fantasy novel.  

From what I could remember, I had a pleasant time reading this book.  However, my memory has failed me.  As I am reading the book, I cannot tell if the warm feeling that I am having is because this is a good book or because of nostalgia.  The main character of the book is a 16 y.o. dimwit named Maia who I was hoping would mature intellectually as the book went on; however, this does not seem to be the case. Maia's stupidity is so epic that I am finding it hard to finish this behemoth of a book. At around 1200 pages, and me being only on page 400, I am having quite a dilemma.

Hi.  I'm Maia, and I am the dumbest person every.  But for some reason, everyone falls in love with me just because I am absolutely the most beautiful person they have ever seen.  Oh, did I add that I am selfish, judgmental and a nightmare to feminists?

No comments:

Post a Comment