07 July 2010

The BD (Big Decision) July 7, 2010

So I finally decided to start transitioning in order to get my hair to its natural state!  *Clap, clap, clap..* A natural place for me to start is why I’ve made such a big decision. *Duh, duh, duhhhh!* Well, let me start with the reason that have not affected my choice.  First, I am not doing this as a political statement (however, those who do so are totally bitchin’ in their own right.)  I don’t have deeply oppressed feelings of being put down by my hair texture–or skin tone for that matter.  I’ve always loved kinky, thick hair–and deep dark skin–even when it was against the grain.  Second, I am not doing this because my hair is damaged.  Its as healthy as relaxed hair can be (and it was hard getting it “healthy” relaxed.)

The reason I have decided to go natural is because I am envious of every girl with thick, kinky natural hair.  I think its gorgeous, fierce, show-stopping, deliciously divine.  So,  I’ve decided that instead of staring in envy, I’d join them.  Now some of you might say “but Kiki, why start now? You’re already 27 y.o.” And my answer would be “I regret waiting for so long, but there’s no time better than the present!”  So there, as of July 3, 2010 Kiki has pledged to stop putting relaxers in her hair.  Amen and Halelu!


No comments:

Post a Comment